Versari UK Limited (“Versari”) is committed to data security and the fair and transparent processing of personal data. This privacy notice sets out how we will treat the personal data which you provide to us in compliance with applicable data protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data, how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you would like to report a concern about the way in which we process your data.
Who are we?
Versari UK Limited (Company No. 10538575) owns and operates the Versari.com website. For the purposes of the GDPR, Versari UK Limited is the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, the way in which Versari processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This privacy notice, together with and any other documents referred to in them, sets out the basis on which Versari processes personal data provided via this website.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Information you provide to us:
- complete a form on our website;
- complete a survey;
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing;
- report a problem;
- sign-up to receive our newsletter and insights;
- create an account with us;
- enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services,
we may collect your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and job role.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our website such as the products and/or services you searched for and view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- any phone number used to call our offices.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
If you are a business owner, leader, manager or employee, we may also receive information about you from your organisation or employer when they register to receive products and/or services form us.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, such as your colleagues, your partners or your suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
Sensitive personal data
Unless required by law to do so, Versari will never collect sensitive personal data from or about you (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data).
How do we use your personal data?
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
Contract performance: we may use your personal data to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract:
- to provide the products and/or services to you;
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted products and services;
- to provide you with administrative support such as account creation, security, and responding to issues; and
- provide you with industry information, insights, surveys, information about our events, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services.
Legitimate interests: where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests are:
- providing you with newsletters, surveys, information about our events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by us which may be of interest to you;
- communicating with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes; improving the quality of experience when you interact with our products and/or services, including testing the performance and customer experience of our website;
- performing analytics on sales/marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- send you newsletters, surveys, information about our events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by us which may be of interest to you;
- developing, improving, and delivering marketing and advertising for products and services offered by us.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests as set out below, under the heading Your rights.
Consent: where you have given your express consent to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal data to:
send you newsletters, surveys, information about our events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by us which may be of interest to you; developing, improving, and delivering marketing and advertising for products and services offered us.
Where required by law: we may also process your personal data if required by law, including responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the Versari Partners Group. You can read more about our group companies at www.versaripartners.com.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
legal and other professional advisers, consultants, and professional experts; service providers contracted to us in connection with provision of the products and services such as providers of IT services and customer relationship management services; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We will ensure there is a contract in place with the categories of recipients listed above which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
Where a third party recipient is located outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the transfer of personal data will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission where the data protection authority does not believe that the third country has adequate data protection laws.
We will share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long will you keep your personal data?
Where there is a contract between us, we will retain your personal data for the duration of the contract, and for a period of six years following its termination or expiry, to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from competent courts or authorities.
Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
The personal information you provided to us is stored within secure servers.. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where you have a username or password (or other identification information) which enables you to access certain services or parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we endeavour to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).Data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing and telemarketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you and by using the contact details below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consentat any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, the way in which Versari processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to email@example.com
If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, and we have been unable to resolve your concern, you may lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts. Please visit ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information on how to report a concern to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Last Updated: 06 June 2018